The renowned Nagpur municipal corporation or council was set up in the year of 1864. During that period, the land or location under the jurisdiction of local municipal council of Nagpur was only 15.5 square kilometers and the total inhabitants were around 82,000.
Moreover, the import duties that are entrusted to menial council of Nagpur were to manage cleanliness as well as management for local street electricity and drinking water supply along with state government help. In the year of 1922, the Berar municipalities and central provinces act was launched for sufficient functioning of this municipal council of Nagpur.
On the date of 22 January in the year of 1950, Berar and CP act number two was finally published in the Gazette of Madhya Pradesh that became famous as corporation act of Nagpur city act, CNC Act, 1948. After that, the renowned municipal corporation or council was formed in the month of March in the year of 1951. In the year of 1953, the first city development scheme was prepared. Moreover, in 1958 season, under the local state reconstitution, renowned Berar province mixed into state of Maharshtra and Mumbai was recognized as very famous its capital city in the year of 1960, city of Nagpur was also declared as an important second capital of Maharashtra state.
According to CNC Act of 1948, the main or important responsibility for offering city of Nagpur’s inhabitants fundamental urban faculties lies along with Municipal Corporation of Nagpur. These important services include sewerage, water supply, waste management, land use scheme, slum improvement, maintenance ad construction of local streets, maintenance of gardens and parks, street lighting, education facilities and offering primary health service. The Nagpur municipal corporation coordinates along with many other state government bodies such as MHADA, NIT, MPCB and Traffic police especially for offering these fundamental urban facilities.